Waterfalls Jedlový důl
State nature preserve, which was proclaimed in the year 1992. The area of preserve is 12ha. You can see original forest of spruce, beech and fir. A brook with many beautiful waterfalls and rapids runs through the valley. There is also an instructive way.
Dam Josefův Důl
This dam was built in the years 1976-1982 as a reservoir of drinkung water for Liberec and Jablonec nad Nisou. With its 43m height dam and area about 145 ha is it the highest and largest dam in the Jizera mountains. All area of the dam is protected and the swimming is prohibited. The dam is important place for recreation amd starting place of tourist paths to Jizera mountains.
A famous stone view-tower was built in 1907 on a partly wooded hill. In 1936 a mountain chalet was erected by its side. From the top is beautiful view to the Jizera mountains, Ještěd hill, the Lusatian and Giant mountains.
The second highest mountain (1122 m) in the Bohemian part of Jizera mountains. There occurs the Nature preserve - Jizera old-stand forest with remmants of the original mountain conifers.
The dam on the river Bílá Desná colapsed in September 1916 and flooded the village Desná. 62 peoples died there and about 100 houses were destroyed. The failured dam has been a state technical monument since the year 1996. The underground tunel of dam is major nesting area of bats.
Peat-bog Nová Louka
The famous peat-bog and importamt crossroads of tourist paths in the Jizera mountains. Solitary dwellings of wood-cutters stood here as long ago as about 1630 when Albrecht of Walldstein had the surrounding forest clared for the purpose of the construction of houses at Jičín and Liberec. In 1756 a glassworks was built here and when it ceased to operate in 1844 its dwelling part was converted into a hunting chateau. In the period between the two World Wars it fulfilled the function of a "govermental chalet".
Also called Černá Desná dam. Its construction was started almost at the same time as the dam at Bílá Desná, but after a breach occured in its walls its lake was emptied and not reffiled until the years 1925-1927. After World War II the construction of the large recreation centre was started here, but in the early Seventies Souš was changed into reservoir of drinking water for Jablonec nad Nisou and Tanvald.
Jablonec nad Nisou
Jablonec nad Nisou with its population of nearly 50,000 is an administrative, entertainment, sport–and–recreation centre of the Jizerské Mountains. The first mention of Jablonec dates back to 1356, but permanent settlement only took place in the 16th century when the first glassworks was set up in Mšeno and the first small church was built. A radical change in the town’s development came in the 2nd half of the 17th century. Glass making industry was taking a fast hold, yet at the same time it showed that Jablonec had a good position for trading too. When, in the 1st half of the 18th century, the first costume jewelers products appeared and they became a success on the market right away, nothing stood in the way to the settlement’s further rapid rise. Jablonec was promoted to township in 1808 and to town by decree of Emperor Francis Joseph I in 1866. It had already traded with all the world then. A whole array of important buildings is evidence of the wealth that was pouring into Jablonec just in those years until the First World War. Among the most interesting ones there are art nouveau houses and villas in today’s Podhorská Street and 28. Října Street. Later Jablonec’s two dominant features were erected, the Lord’s Most Sacred Heart Church on Horní (Upper) Square and the town hall on present Mírové (Peace) Square. And what is Jablonec nad Nisou like nowadays? We hear it is the town of glass and costume jewelers once again, but also a town of sports and the gateway to the Jizerské Mountains. Attractions for visitors: from the entertainment’s point of view it is mainly the theatre, which has been reopened after two years of restoration work, the Museum of Glass and Costume Jewellery, art nouveau buildings with rich ornamentation concentrated especially in Podhorská, Lidická, and 28. Října (October 28th) streets, the Belveder art gallery in Mlýnská Street.
For those interested in sports and recreation there are the sports grounds Na Sřelnici and V Břízkách in Mšeno, summer bathing in three reservoirs, open air tennis courts and indoor halls Nad Prosečí and V Břízkách, an indoor swimming pool, ice skating at indoor stadium, cross–country skiing site V Břízkách, a slalom slope at Dobrá Voda, riding schools in Rýnovice and Jablonec’s vicinity for horse lovers. It only takes 20 minutes to get to Bedřichov or Horní Maxov, two good starting points to the Jizerské Mountains.
The view-tower on the wooden hill above Jablonec nad Nisou, where the tourist chalet was located in 1892. In 1912 there was built today´s stone view-tower. From its top there is a beautiful view to Ještěd hill, Jizera mountains and parts of the Giant mountains.
The oldest metal view-tower in Czech republic, which was built in 1887 on the top of the same mountain. Its height is 11m and the metal structure was brought from Wienna.
View-tower Tanvaldský Špičák
On a striking wooden hill above Tanvald a stone view-tower was erected in 1909, followed, a year later, by a tourist chalet. From the top of tower is a beautiful view to Ještěd hill, the Jizera mountains and perts of Giant mountains.
A major recreation centre in the Jizera mountains. Glasshouse from 1580 - 1807, Church of St. Anthony from the year 1930. In Bedřichov there are skiing stadium, extensive ski tracks for competitions and amateur skiers. Above the bedřichov occurs the hill Královka with a tourist chalet and view-tower.
The town received its name of Smržovka from the mushroom known ”smrži”. The first written reports of the town come from 1585. Originally, Smržovka was a centre for the flax and cotton industries, but the glass industry also began to develop as early as the 16th century. The glass works, which were established in Smržovka, were the foundation for the later success of the Jablonec costume jewellery industry. One of the most important glassworks was the Zenkner glassworks dating from the end of the 17th century. Other proprietors, such as the Riedels, developed new glass technology and were famous for their products such as artificial pearls, later known as rocailles, glass buttons and bangles. Smržovka received its town statute in 1905.
At present, Smržovka has 3418 inhabitants. The town lies on the southern slopes of the Jizera Mountains and it stretches for several kilometres along the Smržovka Stream. The climatic conditions are harsh and typical for a lower mountain setting. The town is situated of a height ranging from 525 to 585 m above sea level. Part of the town’s territory lies within the Jizera Mountains protected area.
Smržovka can offer its visitors many well marked walking and cycling trails leading in all directions and with the possibility of visiting one of the region’s many lookout towers, such as Černá Studnice, Smržovka, Bramberk and Špičák. The town can be considered to be a winter sports centre. There is access to the Jizera Mountain arterial cross-country skiing trail directly from the town as well as a number of ski tows and lit ski slopes in the vicinity. Smržovka is famous as a bobsledding town and the first bobsled run was built in 1912. The present run dates from 1972-1975.
A dominant feature of the town is the late baroque Church of the Archangel Michael, which was built from 1765 to 1781 by A. Schmidt. The church’ precious interior was damaged by fire in 1967. The art nouveau buildings on the small square are also a reminder of the town’s past. An item of technical interest is the stone rail viaduct, which dates from the 19th century and over which the present Jablonec-Tanvald rail line leads.
Peat-bog Klečová Louka
A nature preserve comprising several small peat-bogs with knee-pines, surrounded by spruce forests. It lies in the basin of the Bílá Smědá near the Štolpichy road (to the west of Smědava).
Dam Černá Nisa
The dam sometimes called Černá Nisa dam near the Bedřichov. The dam is height 15m and its lengh is about 340m. The area of the dam takes 42 ha. It´s a important place for recreation, swiming and running-ski in winter.
Waterfalls Černý potok
The two branches of the Černý brook flow through the Hejnichý Hřeben ridge and then through the rocky gorge forming a part of the Frýdlantské Cimbuří nature preserve, where they drop 500 metres over a distance of something less than 3 km. They form the biggest waterfalls in the Jizera mountains.
The highest point (1012 m) of the Ještěd ridge, tourist destination already in the 19th century. The cableway leads to the top of mountain. The prasent multi-use tower in the shape of a rotating hyperboloid, designed by architect Karel Hubáček, was awarded the Perret Prize. It replaced older buiding. There is many ski slopes with pistes, ski tows and ski jumps.
Albrechtice v Jizerských horách
Albrechtice v Jizerských horách (German: Albrechtsdorf) is a village in the Liberec Region of the Czech Republic. It is located about 9 km (6 mi) northeast of Jablonec nad Nisou and has a population of 340 (2006).
Hamlet Mariánská Hora is an administrative part of Albrechtice v Jizerských horách.
View-tower Černá Studnice
A stone view-tower was built in 1905 together with a tourist chalet an a wooden hill above Jablonec nad Nisou. The view-tower has 91 steps. from its top there is view to Jěštěd hill, the Lusatian mountains, the Jizera mountains, the Giant mountains and their foothills and to the Bohemian Paradise region.